ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The No. 18 Oklahoma men’s tennis crew fell to No. 24 Michigan 4-2 Saturday in Ann Arbor. OU picked up the doubles stage and a singles gain from Stefano Tsorotiotis.
In doubles, Mason Beiler and Ferran Calvo fell to Patrick Maloney and Myles Schalet 6-2 at the No. 3 line. Alex Bakshi and Tsorotiotis downed Mattias Siimar and Andrew Fenty 7-5, breaking at deuce stage to assert the gain on courtroom two.
That remaining courtroom 1 to determine the stage. Spencer Papa and Jake Van Emburgh held on to defeat Michigan’s Connor Johnston and Harrison Brown, 7-6 (1), dominating the tiebreaker to seal the stage for OU.
In singles, Tsorotiotis came away with a victory. The sophomore got a convincing 6-4, 6-3 gain around Gabe Tishman at the No. 5 line.
At the leading location, Papa fell to Siimar right after a few sets, 4-6, 6-2, 6-4. Van Emburgh was defeated by Schalet 6-2, 6-2 on courtroom two. On courtroom a few, Bakshi dropped to Fenty 6-3, 6-3.
Beiler took Maloney to a few sets, but Maloney prevailed 2-6, 6-4, 6-3. When enjoy was halted, Calvo led Johnston 5-2 in the third established. Calvo gained the to start with 6-3 before Johnston claimed the next body in a tiebreaker, 7-6 (5).
Up Up coming
OU returns to the Headington Household Tennis Heart Saturday, Feb. 9 to host Cornell at 2 p.m. CT. Admission is normally free of charge.
1. Mattias Siimar (MICH) def. Spencer Papa (OU), 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
2. Myles Schalet (MICH) def. Jake Van Emburgh (OU), 6-2, 6-2
3. Andrew Fenty (MICH) def. Aleksandre Bakshi (OU), 6-3, 6-3
4. Connor Johnston (MICH) vs. Ferran Calvo (OU), 3-6, 7-6 (5), 2-5, unfinished
5. Stefano Tsorotiotis def. Gabe Tishman (MICH), 6-4, 6-3
6. Patrick Maloney (MICH) def. Mason Beiler (OU), 2-6, 6-4, 6-3
1. Spencer Papa / Jake Van Emburgh (OU) def. Connor Johnston / Harrison Brown (MICH), 7-6 (1)
2. Aleksandre Bakshi / Stefano Tsorotiotis (OU) def. Mattias Siimar / Andrew Fenty (MICH), 7-5
3. Patrick Maloney / Myles Schalet (MICH) def. Ferran Calvo / Mason Beiler (OU), 6-2
Purchase of Finish: Doubles: (3,2,1) Singles: (3,2,5,1,6)