NORMAN – The No. 24 Oklahoma women’s golf staff returns to motion for the initially time since November when it opens the Moon Golf Invitational on Monday. The two-working day, 54-gap function is hosted by Louisville at the par-72, 6309 lawn Duran Golf Club in Melbourne, Fla.
This will be the Sooners initially overall look at the Moon Golf Invitational and are coming off 3 top-5 staff finishes in the slide year.
“We are thrilled to get again into levels of competition method,” stated OU assistant mentor Ryan Sirman. “The women have experienced a potent 7 days of follow and their game titles are ready to go. It is important for us to go out and provide infectious power, handle the controllables and preserve trusting the system.”
The OU squad is led by senior Julienne Soo, who will be competing for the initially time since currently being chosen to acquire portion in the Augusta National Women’s Newbie in April. Soo completed tied for ninth in the team’s previous overall look at the Fight at the Seaside.
A pair of young Sooners have revealed important strength in OU lineup all year extended as sophomore Kaitlin Milligan collected 3 top-10 finishes in the slide 2018 year while freshman Libby Winans has posted two top-10 finishes in her rookie year as a result significantly.
Oklahoma is joined in the discipline by Louisville, Augusta, Campbell, FIU, Kansas, Kennesaw Condition, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Outdated Dominion, Seminole Condition, South Florida, Texas A&M, UCF.
The function begins with 36 holes on Monday working with a shotgun start at 7 a.m. CT. The Sooners tee off on gap No. 1 paired with golfers from Louisville and Michigan.
Live scoring will be readily available on Golfstat.com.
1. Julienne Soo, senior: Tied for sixth at the Fight at the Seaside to pick up her 14th top-10 end … Tied for seventh at the Jim West Invitational… Posted a 69 and 67 at the Jim West for a overall of 17 job spherical in the 60’s…Closed out the Schooner Drop Common with a 6-under 66, tying her job 18-gap low…Qualified for stage 1 of Q-School…A Golfweek All-The united states Staff Honorable Mention…Finished her junior year with a stroke ordinary of 72.27 – tied with Chirapat Jao-Javanil’s 2012-13 campaign for the lowest in plan heritage (equally golfers took precisely 2,457 photographs in 34 rounds)…Claimed 19th put in the 2018 NCAA Championships – the second-best end by a Big 12 golfer in the field…Named to the All-Big 12 Staff in 2017 and 2018…Also named to the Big 12 All-Event Staff and Academic All-Big 12 Staff.
2. Kaitlin Milligan, sophomore: Tied for 12th at the Fight at the Seaside to receive her fourth top-20 end of the slide … Tied for 10th at the Jim West Invitational, selecting up her with third straight top-10 finish…Carded a 2-under 142 to tie for sixth at the 36-gap Magnolia Invitational…Tied for fifth in the Schooner Drop Common, putting up a 205 (-8) and ending her previous two rounds with a 66 (-5) and 68 (-3)…Competed in every function her freshman season…Her 117 birdies have been the second most in the 2017-18 by a Division I freshman and ranked in the top 20 among all DI golfers…Owns the plan and Big 12 report for lowest spherical, firing a 62 (-10) in the initially spherical of the 2018 Westbrook Invitational…Took second put at the Westbrook Invitational just after taking pictures a 54-gap overall of 199 (-17), good for the lowest personal event rating in faculty heritage.
3. Karen Arimoto: Performed in the personal location at the Schooner Common in the fall…Competed in two functions previous year…Performed as an personal at the 2017 Schooner Drop Common, ending tied for 61st put (225, +12)…Has competed in seven job functions.
4. Libby Winans, freshman: Back-to-again top-10 finishes at the Schooner Drop Common and Magnolia Invitational…Carded a 206 (-7) and ending tied for seventh at the Schooner Drop Common…Opened her job with a 222 (+6) at the Minnesota Invitational and tied for 29th put…Received the 2018 Texas 6A Condition Championship while also capturing district and regional crowns at Plano East Substantial Faculty…Sophisticated to the match play part of the 2018 U.S. Women’s Newbie Championship and the spherical of 32 in the 2018 U.S. Girls’ Junior Championship.
5. Sydney Youngblood, sophomore: Carded a job-lower 64 (-7) at the Schooner Drop Classic…Competed in all postseason functions in 2018, together with the NCAA Championships…Finished in 24th put at the NCAA Austin Regional, taking pictures a 219 (+3) …Greatest end of her freshman 12 months was a ninth-put exhibiting at the 2017 Jim West Challenge with a job-lower 209 (-4).