Hello once again, everyone!
The Oklahoma Sooners’ 2019 football schedule has just been officially released. The regular season will kick off August 31st in Norman against Houston.
A few thoughts:
- Oklahoma’s 2019 non-conference schedule — at least on paper — might be one of the weakest we’ve seen in years. UCLA needs to improve dramatically in its second year under Chip Kelly to gain respectability, and the FCS game against South Dakota obviously isn’t going to impress the playoff committee.
- There are two bye weeks in the season — one before the start of conference play and the other before the Iowa State game in November. Solid timing for both.
- Bedlam returns as the regular season finale. It hasn’t always been the case in history, but when it’s been at the end, it’s just felt right (at least since the OU-Nebraska rivalry was effectively ruined during various realignment phases).
Now let’s get started on today’s Hot Links! Lincoln Riley is on a coach of the year watch list, Ronnie Perkins continues to impress, Boban Marjanovic makes tall people look not-so-tall, and more!
- Lincoln Riley is one of 20 head coaches to be named to the Bear Bryant Coach of the Year Watch List. Congratulations, Lincoln!
- SiriusXM and the Big 12 are linking up to create a 24-hour radio station with content dedicated exclusively to the Big 12. The satellite broadcast will launch October 22nd.
- Baylor and Texas Tech are going back to home-and-home scheduling in 2019. The two schools haven’t played on either team’s home field since 2008 at Texas Tech.
Interesting news: Baylor vs. Texas Tech will officially move to a home and home and abandon AT&T Stadium starting in 2019.
The 2019 game will be played at McLane Stadium in Waco.
— Shehan Jeyarajah (@ShehanJeyarajah) October 18, 2018
- Wait, did he just dunk without even jumping? On a 10-foot basket? Against NBA players? Boban Marjanovic, you sir are unreal.
- China plans to launch an artificial moon into the sky in an effort to replace street lamps. If successful, the expensive endeavor would be a more environmentally efficient way of lighting up the night. The illuminated moon is expected to go up in 2020.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!