Joyful Hump Day, friends and fans!
There could be 199 times remaining till the Oklahoma Sooners kick off the 2019 football period, but I guess it is never also early to fireplace up the preseason rankings. ESPN’s Mark Schlabach set collectively his first way-also-early leading 25 immediately pursuing the conclusion of the countrywide championship sport (you can come across that here), and given that then he’s up to date it to contain subsequent transfers, NFL declarations and signings.
As you can see, Schlabach has moved Oklahoma up 3 spots from No. 6 to No. 3, and that’s mostly owing to the addition of Alabama grad transfer QB Jalen Hurts. The school football environment has already found what Lincoln Riley can do with talented signal callers who transfer in, and Hurts provides talent, practical experience and management to the picture.
Yet another variable that led to Schlabach’s decision to go the Sooners up this time all-around was the using the services of of defensive coordinator Alex Grinch. With so a great deal practical experience returning and plenty of new blood on that facet of the ball, a person could think about how a great deal that ought to assist the new DC with a promising observe file.
It is only the middle of February, but we’re all eagerly waiting around for it to be the stop of August. It is a transitional period in Quicker football with all the same expectations of winning. In the meantime, set as a great deal stock as you can into early preseason rankings like this a person. Why? Because it is extra fun that way!
I’m kidding, of course. This is likely to be a pretty lengthy offseason.
Now let’s dig into some delicious Incredibly hot Back links! Quicker softball moves up in the rankings, Quicker basketball is somehow even now on the bracketology bubble, Joel Embiid suggests what we’re all considering and extra!
- The first weekend of the period for Oklahoma softball could not have long gone a great deal better, as the Sooners not only dominated the competition, but also went up a location in both important polls. No. 3 and climbing!
- Yesterday, Jack posed an interesting/irritating query on Twitter. What say you?
If you had a magic wand that would lead to any four schools to be part of the Major 12, who would be your decisions?
Certainly, the folks at Ollivander’s have caught the offseason realignment bug.
— C&C Equipment (@CCMachine) February 12, 2019
- Kyler Murray is probable aspect of a dying breed as a twin-activity athlete. As gamers mature, they are usually coached into choosing to focus in a person activity in excess of other individuals, but superstars like Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson and Murray have confirmed that it can be accomplished at a large degree. The query now turns into, who’s following?
- Quicker baseball returns this weekend with a property series versus Cal Poly. If you system on attending any of the game titles, make absolutely sure you critique the hottest carry-in coverage to guarantee you are not unintentionally bringing any prohibited products into the park.
- Cade Cavalli, Nathan Wiles and Levi Prater will be the starters for OU’s period-opening series. Cavalli, who principally performed first base even though also earning 11 appearances (two starts off) on the mound as a freshman, is the team’s ace just after an impressive slide.
- Sadly, Oklahoma will have to engage in through this period without the services of junior relief pitcher Braidyn Fink, who has been ruled out with a torn UCL. The news was first noted by Kendall Rogers, and OU verified it with a push release soon thereafter.
- Although Oklahoma has been reeling on the basketball court docket, Joe Lunardi even now tasks the Sooners into the NCAA Tournament as a No. 12 seed. For individuals of you keeping observe, that’s squarely on the bubble as a person of the previous four groups in.
- According to Pro Football Emphasis, previous Biletnikoff Award winner and Heisman Trophy finalist Dede Westbrook was a person of the league’s leading fantasy receivers performing out of the slot in 2018 regardless of currently being paired with a brutal passing attack.
- No. 5 Kentucky was upset in Lexington at the buzzer by No. 19 LSU. Ought to this ultimate basket have been ruled offensive goal-tending instead? Some Wildcats fans say certainly, but the refs ruled in any other case.
- Steelers extensive receiver Antonio Brown quite a great deal finished any possibility of him remaining in Pittsburgh with this telling tweet saying it is “time to go on and forward.” Where ever he goes, I’m absolutely sure he’ll even now go remarkably drafted in most fantasy leagues.
- At an AFC Fylde match, a team of lads properly pranked the PA announcer into reading off a fabricated license plate quantity. Bart Simpson is happy.
Needed: This trio pictured in the middle.
Crime: Relatively cunningly duped our stadium announcer into asking for a white Nissan Micra NE14 ABJ to be moved previous evening.
— AFC Fylde (@AFCFylde) February 13, 2019
- Here’s the video clip that contains the minute the plate was introduced. Pure gold.
- Philadelphia 76ers significant guy Joel Embiid will probable be hearing from the NBA genuine shortly just after his ultimate opinions all through the publish-sport push convention on Tuesday. Proper before he stood up to leave, he leaned into the mic and mentioned “And the referees [expletive] suck.” Hey, possibly he’s just spreading recognition of this developing epidemic in professional sports activities.
- The teaser trailer for Disney’s Frozen II has just been unveiled, and it appears to be like like all your most loved friends and heroes are back for one more epic experience. I particularly like the tone they are likely with for this a person. Now I’ll acknowledge, I even now haven’t found the first Frozen, but I’ve read through the synopsis and uncovered all the spoilery components to spare myself from the soundtrack, so allow it go already. The movie hits theaters Nov. 22.
Comply with Crimson & Cream Equipment on Twitter!