CENTRAL ARKANSAS (4-2) at Oklahoma (2-5)
December 5, 2018 • 7:00pm • Lloyd Noble Center • Norman, Okla.
Oklahoma leads 1-0
Last meeting: No. 5 Oklahoma 121, Central Arkansas 48 (12/20/07 – Norman, Okla.)
Points Per Game: Kamry Orr (12.5)
Rebounds Per Game: Mekaylan Hicks (6.0)
Assists Per Game: Taylor Sells (3.5)
Blocks: Mekaylan Hicks (11)
Steals: Kamry Orr & Taylor Sells (10)
Points Per Game: Taylor Robertson (19.6)
Rebounds Per Game: Madi Williams (11.1)
Assists Per Game: Tatum Veitenheimer (3.7)
Blocks: Madi Williams (7)
Steals: Tatum Veitenheimer (13)
• The Sugar Bears are seeking their first victory against a Big XII opponent, having lost their previous 8 meetings against teams from the conference – going 0-2 against Oklahoma State and Texas Tech and 0-1 against Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor and Kansas State.
• Oklahoma will be looking to snap a five-game losing streak, having lost all their games away from the Lloyd Noble Center this season – dropping games at South Florida, New Mexico and Auburn and to UAB and Clemson in the Bahamas.
• The Sooners are 2-0 at home this season, having defeated Western Kentucky 90-83 and Southland Conference member Northwestern State 93-56, and have won 7 straight at home dating back to last season.
• The Sugar Bears are 1-1 on the road with a 57-46 win at Alcorn State and a 65-56 loss at Jackson State.
• The Sooners start three freshmen and two sophomores, and 10 of their players are in their first or second year – with just two seniors on the roster.
• The Sugar Bears are similarly inexperienced, with only two players (junior guards Maddie Goodner and Taylor Sells) with two full seasons in the program and 9 of the team’s top 10 scorers this season in either their first or 2nd season in a Sugar Bear uniform.
• Central Arkansas’ Sandra Rushing and Oklahoma’s Sherri Coale have combined for 1,019 wins during their careers, with Rushing entering the game at 536-317 (.628) and Coale at 483-247 (.662).
• Oklahoma is averaging 79.7 points per game overall and 91.5 per game at home this season. The Sugar Bears rank 2nd nationally in scoring defense, allowing just 46 points per game. The Sugar Bears have not surrendered 80 points in 39 games, going back to Nov. 14 last year when No. 3 Baylor scored 86.
• The Sugar Bears rank 7th nationally in offensive rebounds at 19 per game, while Oklahoma is 18th in defensive rebounds with 30 per game, and 22nd in overall rebounding – grabbing 45.4 per contest.
• The Sugar Bears are 7th in the country in turnover margin at +9.5 per game, while the Sooners are 332nd at -5.6, ranking 34th in turnovers per game at 22.9.
• Mekaylan Hicks ranks 59th in the country in blocked shots at 1.83 per game
• Oklahoma’s Taylor Robertson is 2nd in the nation in 3-point field goals made – hitting 36 in 7 games; Madi Williams ranks 24th in rebounding at 11.1 per game.
The Sugar Bears travel to College Station to take on Texas A&M on Saturday before returning home on December 17, hosting Williams Baptist at 2:00pm on Ugly Sweater Day in the Farris Center. Non-conference play concludes at Kansas State on Dec. 20 before the Southland opener in the Farris Center against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi at 2:00pm on December 31.